Monday, August 07, 2006

Billy Graham

Newsweek's Jon Meacham profiles Billy Graham in the cover story for Newsweek. Lots of things in the article will generate discussion, I'm sure. (Meacham returns over and over again to the idea that Graham is now a humble moderate on all sorts of things from inerrancy to inclusivism.)

Here's one paragraph that stuck out to me.

If he had his life to live over again, Graham says he would spend more time immersed in Scripture and theology. He never went to seminary, and his lack of a graduate education is something that still gives him a twinge. "The greatest regret that I have is that I didn't study more and read more," he says. "I regret it, because now I feel at times I am empty of what I would like to have been. I have friends that have memorized great portions of the Bible. They can quote [so much], and that would mean a lot to me now."