Here's the conclusion:
An essential aspect of loving singles is being open to helping them in the process toward marriage, while recognizing:
In community with God's people, singles can discern their calling and (where appropriate) pursue marriage honorably.
- our relationship with Christ is more important than our marital state
- some singles are uniquely gifted to remain single for greater kingdom effectiveness
- many singles struggle profoundly with loneliness, lust, fornication, and the like, and welcome (or should welcome) loving, gracious, and balanced input on the process toward marriage from Christians who care about their souls and their bodies
- for most, marriage will be a means of profound sanctification, and they ought to responsibly (and diligently) move in this direction even as they embrace other adult responsibilities
- just as God ordains the ends, He ordains the means. The means may include overcoming your fear and telling a girl how you feel. They may include giving a guy a chance, even though you grew up seeing your parents go through a divorce, and you've closed your heart like a shell.