Thursday, March 17, 2005

Terri Again

I went to TerrisFight.org tonight (my apologies for repeatedly misspelling her name in previous posts). I realized that I had never before seen pictures of her before her accident. There is Terri the baby. Terri the daugther. Terri the vibrant young woman.

It made me think of mine own little one-and-a-half year old. It sends chills down my spine to think that my daughter could grow up to marry such a man as Michael Schiaco and then have an accident. We would still love her, interact with her, play with her, and she would respond to us. But the husband would decide that she should be killed. I shudder at the thought, and pray that my little girl would never marry such an evil man. But what really makes me stunned is to think that our government--the primary function of which is the protection of the innocent lives of its citizens--would side with the murder-desiring husband over and against the loving, life-affirming parents.

Unless something miraculous happens this morning, the government will begin its murder of Terri at 1 pm (EST).