Thursday, February 21, 2008

Storms on Colossians

Here are two of my favorite writers and thinkers on another one of my favorites:

"From years of friendship, conversation, shared burdens, mutual intercession, and the same vision of our great God, I trust Sam's biblical faithfulness. He brings a keen eye and a wakened soul to God's Word. The overflow for us is fresh insight and strong feeling. I thank God for Sam Storms. My life is sweeter because of the seasoning he brings."
John Piper, Pastor for Preaching and Vision, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis

"Many devotional books lack biblical and theological depth. Storms's work is a striking exception. His meditations on Colossians faithfully communicate the message of the letter so that readers are enriched both biblically and theologically. Moreover, the meaning of Colossians is applied with wisdom and power so that I found myself encouraged, convicted, and challenged. Here is evangelical theology at its best."
Thomas R. Schreiner, James Buchanan Harrison Professor of New Testament Interpretation, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

Westminster Books has Storms's new book, The Hope of Glory: 100 Daily Meditations on Colossians, available for $11.87. I started it last night, and it's quite good!