The Gospel Coalition has extended early-bird registration for the April conference until January 31. (In February the regular price kicks in.)
I'm really looking forward to this conference, as some of our best pastor-theologians preach and teach through 2 Timothy. Check out the sessions below. I know of no other conference that provides this degree of biblical, practical content.
- Tim Keller: “The Grand Demythologizer: The Gospel and Idolatry” (Acts 19:21-41)
- John Piper: “The Promise of Life” (2 Timothy 1:1-12)
- Phil Ryken: “The Pattern of Sound Words” (2 Timothy 1:13-2:13)
- Mark Driscoll: “Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth” (2 Timothy 2:14-26)
- Edward Copeland: “Shadowlands: Pitfalls and Parodies of Gospel-Centered Ministry” (2 Timothy 3:1-9)
- Bryan Chapell: “Preach the Word!” (2 Timothy 3:10-4:5)
- Ajith Fernando: “Gospel-Faithful Mission in the New Christendom”
- Ligon Duncan: “Finishing Well” (2 Timothy 4:6-22)
- D.A. Carson: "'That By All Means I Might Win Some': Faithfulness and Flexibility in Gospel Proclamation" (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
Special Event"The Pastor as Scholar, and the Scholar as Pastor." (Reflections on life and ministry by John Piper and D.A. Carson. Held at Park Community Church in Chicago.)
- Thabiti Anyabwile, "The Decline of African-American Theology"
- Buster Brown, "Preaching in a Christianized Culture"
- Michael Bullmore, "The Functional Centrality of the Gospel"
- Steven Chin, "Working Faithfully Under a Senior Pastor"
- Graham Cole, "Homosexuality and the Bible: Texts, Hermeneutics, and Pastoral Wisdom"
- K. Edward Copeland and Charlie Dates, "Mentoring Younger Pastors"
- Andy Davis, "The Gospel and Social Action"
- Joshua Harris, "Ministering in a Church-Hopping Society"
- David Helm, "Biblical Reflections on Building a Staff"
- Bill Kynes, "Complementarianism: Definition and Priorities"
- Crawford Loritts, "Staying Faithful, Staying Relevant: The Use and Abuse of Polemical Preaching"
- Jeff Louie, "Gospel and Community: Definitions and Crucial Issues"
- Erwin Lutzer, "Finishing Well in Life and Ministry"
- C. J. Mahaney, "Trinitarian Pastoral Ministry"
- Tom Nelson and Matt Perman, "The Gospel and Money"
- Tim Savage, "Power in Weakness: The Heart of Gospel Ministry"
- Colin Smith, "Transformational Expository Preaching"
- Scotty Smith, "A Biblical Theology of Worship: On Preference and Other Matters"
- Stephen Um, "On Ministry and Revolving Doors: Practical Challenges and Ideas for Ministry in a Mobile Society"
- Sandy Willson, "Gospel Mission to the World: Arrogance or Love?"