Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Importance of Studying and Loving Little Children

Do you want to enter God's kingdom?

“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 18:3).

Do you want to be great in God's kingdom?

"Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 18:4).

Do you want to receive Jesus and the Father?

"And he took a child and put him in the midst of them, and taking him in his arms, he said to them, 'Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me.'" (Mark 9:36-37)

Do you want to avoid God's judgment on your teaching, leadership, and parenting?

“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." (Matt. 18:5-6)

Do you need motivation to love and welcome kids?

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven." (Matt. 18:10)