Monday, August 31, 2009

Fool Moon Rising

I'm very happy that the book Fool Moon Rising is now available, published by Crossway, written and illustrated by Kristi and Tom Fluharty.

My kids love this book, and I love that they love it. When I was read it I was struck by two things: (1) the profundity of the metaphor (about the boasting of the moon boasting in pride until he realizes that his glory is only that of reflecting the True Light of the Sun); and (2) the beauty of Tom's illustrations. (Tom has illustrated for Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, The Weekly Standard, Mad Magazine, Focus on the Family, etc.) Both the message and the illustrations are great gifts to the church.

Here's a blurb from C.J. Mahaney:
As a grandpa, I treasure books I can share with my grandchildren, books that are both theologically informed and beautifully illustrated. Unfortunately, these can be scarce. Fool Moon Rising is a rare find: a children's book that describes how understanding the greatness of God transforms proud hearts into humble ones--something that can happen only in the shadow of the cross. I'm looking forward to reading it with my grandkids.
Check out the official website to learn more about the book, to see sketches and paintings from it, and more. It's good theology that teaches humility and presented beautifully. I couldn't be happier to have this book for my kids.

The book starts shipping today from Amazon.