Here are the six questions Postman says we must ask about a particular technology:
- What is the problem to which this technology is a solution?
- Whose problem is it?
- What new problems might be created by solving the original problem?
- Which people and what institutions will be most seriously harmed by this new technology?
- What changes in language are being forced by these new technologies?
- What sort of people and institutions gain special economic and political power from this new technology?