Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Reformation Day Symposium

Tim Challies is calling for a symposium of blog posts to commemorate Reformation Day:

In recognition of the significance of this day, I would like to suggest that Christian bloggers mark October 31 with reflections on Reformation Day. You may want to reflect on a person, an event, or a particular point of theology. The topic is wide open, so long as it somehow ties in to Reformation Day. And remember, you do not need to be Reformed to appreciate the Reformation and all it stood for. If you do not have a blog of your own, but would still like to participate, why not ask another blogger if you can "guest" on his site that day (which is not to say that I am offering my blog for this purpose!).

I will gladly allow my site to serve as a repository for whatever links are provided to me. So, if you write an article, send me the link on October 31 and I will list it on my site.

In an attempt to make things even more interesting, I'll kick in a prize to the article that is determined to be "best" (as judged by myself and likely a couple of other judges, and based on whatever subjective criteria we come up with).

For a prize I'll offer:

So start thinking, start writing, and prepare to post your articles on October 31.