As we mourn with the students and families directly impacted by the tragic killings at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute on April 16, 2007, we who are believers in the one, true God turn to His promises for comfort (Psalm 119:50).
With the hope that we might assist those struggling with the questions and feelings raised by this horrific event, Ligonier Ministries humbly offers for your reading the feature articles and columns from the April 2007 issue of Tabletalk magazine, which, in God’s providence, discusses the subject of grief.
We pray that these resources, in some small way, will help you find comfort in the arms of our sovereign God and will help you look for the day when He will “wipe away every tear” from the eyes of His people who rest assured in the finished work of Jesus Christ (Revelation 21:4).
April 2007 Tabletalk Articles:
- Sin, Death, and Grief by Burk Parsons
- A Grief Observed by R.C. Sproul
- From Grief to Glory by Jim Coffield
- Mourn with Those Who Mourn by Archie Parrish
- Good Grief? by Anthony Carter
- True Shepherding by Joel R. Beeke
- Hope by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- A Tale of Two Funerals by Gene Edward Veith