Here are the main points:
- I believe in Santa Claus because I affirm the deep truths of Faerie.
- I believe in Santa Claus because I affirm the mystical body of Christ.
- I believe in Santa Claus because of what he teaches about God.
- I believe in Santa Claus because the death of magic is the beginning of unbelief.
Not unrelated (though not quite the same) is the following outline from the book, Faerie Gold: Treasures from the Lands of Enchantment (a collection of classics for young readers), by Kathryn Lindskoog and Ranelda Mack Hunsicker. The section is entitled, "Why Do We Need Fairy Tales and Fantasy?"
- They stimulate imagination and creativity.
- They help readers empathize with others and develop compassion.
- They carry readers beyond the restrictions of time and space and promote a sense of mystery and transcendence.
- They satisfy the innate desire for communion with other living things.
- They show how the small and powerless can triumph through perseverance and patience.
- They awaken higher ideals without preaching.
- They help readers envision a better society where intelligence, courage, and compassion prevail.