Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Insta-Reactions

ABC News' Poll Shows 43 percent think Vice President Cheney won debate, only 35 percent think Edwards won. (ABC's "Special Coverage," 10/5/04)

NBC's Tom Brokaw: "Dick Cheney reminded me of George Foreman, kind of a slow gait, but a powerful right-hand when he unleashed it in a number of areas as he went after the Kerry-Edwards ticket." (NBC's "Special Coverage," 10/5/04)

MSNBC's Ron Reagan: "This time, I think the chattering classes, and I include all of us among them, will come out on the side of there was a stature gap there, and it was to Cheney's advantage." (MSNBC's "Hardball," 10/5/04)

MSNBC's Chris Matthews calls the debate between Vice President Cheney The "Howitzer" and Senator John Edwards The "Water Pistol." (MSNBC's "Hardball," 10/05/04)

MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell: "I think Dick Cheney did awfully well, at, first of all, putting John Edwards in his place. Saying that I have been presiding over the Senate, and I didn't meet you until tonight. Talking about his not having been on the job was pretty devastating." (MSNBC's "Hardball," 10/5/04)

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough: "I tell you, tonight, no doubt about it, Edwards got obliterated by Dick Cheney. This is the most surprising part. This debate actually turned in Cheney's direction when they started talking about domestic issues. I thought Cheney handled the foreign policy issues very well." (MSNBC's "Hardball," 10/5/04)