Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Bush: The Nuanced President?

A friend and I were recently discussing President Bush and whether or not he has much "nuance." While Bush can certainly be blunt and does tend to see things in a "black-and-white'" fashion, I suggested that Bush's views often do contain a great deal of nuance--in the good sense, not in the fuzzy, hedge-your-bets, take-both-sides sort of way.

My friend challenged me to produce one example where Bush has been "highly nuanced." I suggested that Bush's remarks on cloning are but one example.

Greg Koukl of Stand to Reason calls this speech "one of the best examples of late that I have heard of clear, concise, and in some significant measure, persuasive moral thinking." For Koukl's analysis, read his review, entitled President Bush's Speech.