Saturday, June 04, 2005

Frame-Poythress.Org

I was thrilled to learn tonight of a new website: www.frame-poythress.org, featuring the writings of John Frame and Vern Poythress, two outstanding scholars.

On the site, Poythress writes:

In 1971 I enrolled at Westminster Theological Seminary, where I had the privilege of sitting under the teaching of Prof. John Frame along with other Westminster faculty. Since then the two of us have had a close theological affinity. Later, when I began teaching at Westminster in 1976, the two of us belonged to the same faculty. Now the two of us teach at two different institutions, Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia (Poythress) and Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando (Frame). But the theological affinity has continued in our teaching and writings. So it seems fitting that this website includes writings from both of us. The goal is to make our writings accessible on the internet.


A few years back, in an article entitled Books That Have Shaped My Thought, Frame wrote:

Another recent writer I recommend strongly is Vern S. Poythress. Although Poythress was my student, I find that I have learned much more from him than he ever learned from me. His God-centered Bible Interpretation and Symphonic Theology are must-reads for serious Bible students. His recent The Returning King presents the Book of Revelation as a practical devotional guide: what a fine achievement! And his Shadow of Christ in the Law of Moses is the best contribution so far to the difficult question of the place of the Mosaic law in the Christian life.


So it seems fitting for the two of them to come together on one website. I'll link to a few helpful articles from Poythress in the next few posts.

It seems that thus far, most of the material on the website is Poythress's. All of Frame's teaching outlines and handouts can be found at the Hall of Frame at the Reformed Perspectives e-zine.

[HT: Gary Steward]