A few weeks ago I had the privilege of talking via video chat (namely, Skype) with Russell Moore, author of Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families & Churches.
Dr. Moore serves as the Dean of the School of Theology and Senior Vice-President for Academic Administration at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and as a preaching pastor at Highview Baptist Church in Louisville where he ministers weekly at the congregation’s Fegenbush location.
I apologize in advance for the poor audio on my end, with its somewhat robotic echo! But the most important thing is that Dr. Moore comes through loud and clear!
Here's a little table of contents for our nearly 45-minute discussion:
- Introduction (0:36)
- Adopted for Life: Some Personal Background (11:10)
- Some Rude Questions about Adoption (3:05)
- Adoption and the Fatherhood of God (1:50)
- Talking to Your Children about Adoption (2:25)
- The Fears and Costs of Adoption (7:49)
- Adoption and Being Truly Pro-Life (3:45)
- Creating a Culture of Adoption (7:11)
- Husbands Who Don't Want to Adopt (10:38)
Many thanks to Dr. Moore for the stimulating, edifying conversation! And thanks to Russ Hawkins and the production team at SBTS for all their work in pulling this together.
If you can only watch a portion, I would encourage guys in particular to watch the last portion directed to husbands who are reluctant to adopt.
Those reading on a feedreader may need to click over to my blog to watch the video.