Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vacation and Guest Bloggers

I’m off for a week of vacation with my family, heading to a lake in Minnesota. I’ve asked three friends to fill in for me on the ol’ blog. I’m deeply thankful that they’ve agreed to do this! Here’s a brief introduction to these guys:

James Grant is the pastor of First Baptist Church of Rossville, TN. I’ve known James for 10 years, and we’ve roomed together several times taking intensive classes at RTS. He is currently under contract to write the volume on 1-2 Thessalonians in Crossway’s Preach the Word expository-commentary series, edited by Kent Hughes. James's blog, In Light of the Gospel, is one of my favorites. For those who follow such things, I know few people more steeped than James in the Vossian-Ridderbossian tradition of biblical theology.

Andy Naselli is working on his second Ph.D., this one in Theological Studies (with a concentration in NT Exegesis and Theology) at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He also serves as research assistant to D.A. Carson and as the administrator of Themelios—and most importantly, he’s just become a father! If you tend to like the sort of things I link to at Between Two Worlds, you should probably thank Andy, who feeds me a steady stream of noteworthy items each week!

David Reimer is Senior Lecturer in Hebrew and Old Testament Studies at New College, the School of Divinity at the University of Edinburgh. (I’m fairly certain that whatever school, dear reader, you might be associated with, it’s not as cool as this!) Dr. Reimer has become a good friend through the ESV Study Bible, where he produced superb work, writing the notes on Ezekiel, an article introducing the poetic and wisdom literature, and serving as an OT consultant. God has not only given him a brilliant mind, but also a love for the church and a wonderful gift of communicating God’s Word.

Enjoy!