Christopher W. Mitchell is the director of the Marion E. Wade Center at Wheaton College. Christianity Today posted his "Top 5 Books by the Inklings and Friends." Here is his list:Read Mitchell's explanations for his choices here.
- George MacDonald, The Wise Woman (Also titled The Lost Princess)
- G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy: The Romance of Faith
- Charles Williams, The Descent of the Dove: A Short History of the Holy Spirit in the Church
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Tolkien Reader: Stories, Poems, and Commentaries
- C. S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold