Friday, October 12, 2007

Joe Carter on the Pro-Choice Election Dilemma

When Joe Carter writes, I listen.

Here's his response to the notion of voting for Giuliani, should he be the Republican nominee: "I am a political realist, which is why I am an incrementalist. Because I'm a political realist, I also believe than in the long run electing Rudy Giuliani will be even more detrimental to the pro-life cause than would a Hillary Clinton presidency."

Read the whole thing. Here's the conclusion:
I can only speak for myself but I want to make the message clear: If Republicans choose to spurn the field of pro-life candidates, choose to spit on the values of social conservatives, and choose to remake the GOP into the "party of death", they will do so without me. This isn't a bluff; it’s a statement of principle. I'm a pro-life conservative who will never cast a ballot for a pro-abortion liberal.

Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. And God help this country if social conservatives aren't willing to stand with me.