Here are the questions Mohler address in his briefing:
- Why is this movie such a challenge?
- So, what's the problem?
- Will viewers of the movie see all this?
- Is Pullman's attack on Christianity exaggerated by his critics?
- Is there more to the larger story?
- What is it about Pullman and C. S. Lewis?
- So, what should Christians do?
Here is one particularly helpful line:
This is about the battle of ideas and worldviews. While Christians will not celebrate the release of this film, we should recognize the mixture of challenge and opportunity that comes with millions of persons watching this film and talking about the issues it raises. When the movie is mentioned in the workplace, in school, on the playground, or in the college campus, this is a great opportunity to show that Christians are not afraid of the battle of ideas.