Saturday, January 12, 2008

Endorsements for "Do Hard Things"

Here are a few endorsements for the forthcoming book, Do Hard Things, by the Brothers Harris:

Do Hard Things is an extraordinary book. In fact, I believe it will prove to be one of the most life-changing, family-changing, church-changing and culture-changing books of this generation.

Alex and Brett are the real deal, Christ-centered young men of character and vision, committed to serving Jesus with humility and excellence.

I read countless books but this is one of the most unique, defining and important ones I've ever seen. It is paradigm-shifting, revolutionary, liberating and hope-instilling. While I'd love for every teenager to read Do Hard Things, I'm just as eager for every parent, church leader and educator to read it.

God spoke to me and encouraged and challenged me through Do Hard Things. If you do the hard thing of saying no to distractions and yes to this remarkable book, I guarantee you'll be richly rewarded.

Randy Alcorn
Best-selling author of Heaven and The Treasure Principle


When someone tells you that his younger brothers wrote an incredible book he's either just being nice because they're family, or he really means it. Well, I am not just being nice, I mean it. This book is excellent. And I can commend it to you because my brothers' love for Christ and personal example back up the message.

Do Hard Things is easy to read, but it will challenge you to the core. It is inspiring, insightful and practical. Alex and Brett show that the teenage years are not a season to endure but a time to excel and to grow. Then they show you how.

Parents, this book won't keep your teenagers out of trouble. It will get them into the right kind of trouble -- the kind that comes when they dream, take risks for God and dare to flout the status quo. Put it in their hands. Read it yourself. Every former teen needs this book, too. I know I do. There's no age-limit on the Rebelution. It's never to late to do hard things.

Joshua Harris
Pastor, author and older brother


I've been looking forward to this book from Alex and Brett for some time now and am so glad it is finally here. Do Hard Things is a Gospel-centered and profoundly practical battle cry for teenagers to live against the world for the world.

The twins make a thorough and compelling case that teenaged Christians make a difference by being different; they don't make a difference by being the same. So if you want your life to count for something big and everlasting, read this book. You'll be glad you did.

Tullian Tchividjian
Pastor of New City Church in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and author of Do I Know God?